One School, Many Readers
Peabody Reading Competition
March 6 - 31, 2017
Each week, one reader from each team (class) will be nominated by her/his teacher as the Reader Leader.
To be nominated:
- Student must "live" the Peabody School Social Contract.
- K & 1 students: read at least 15 minutes/night.
- 2-5 students: read at least 20 minutes/night.
- tudent will hand in a completed Reading Log SIGNED by a parent/caregiver.
- student will display the attributes of a Reader Leader in class (on task, actively working as a reader/writer, sharing his/her love of reading/writing, taking risks/challenges as a reader/writer, etc.).
* Students are eligible to be chosen multiple times.
At the end of the competition, all nominated students will be entered into a random drawing to win the Many Readers Reading Prize.
Whole Team (class) Prizes: K & 1 and 2-5
Total number of logs submitted overall AND must have full class participation for at least one of the weeks
Students can earn "extra" logs for their team:
- Create a classroom bulletin board showcasing your team "name" = 10 extra logs!
- Create a song/chant/poem about your team "name" = 10 extra logs!
- Complete the "What is (your Team Name)?" writing assignment = 1 extra log per student!